Laboratory Operations Coordinator, Central Services
We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a Laboratory Operations Coordinator, Central Services for our state-of-the-art, custom lab in the heart of Vancouver. Someone responsible, organized and adept at juggling multiple competing priorities, someone we trust. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Laboratory Operations Coordinator, Central Services to join our growing Laboratory Operations team. A keen eye with an attention to detail is needed to ensure our lab teams are well supported and have everything they need for their day-to-day operations. You will be working together with our dynamic team on keeping up and coordinating various lab services needs like equipment maintenance, pipette calibrations, upkeep of common lab spaces and providing clean lab coats.
How you might spend your days:
- Performing maintenance on lab services equipment, like autoclaves, glassware washers, water purification systems, pipetting equipment as well as implementation of new equipment and training of team members
- Supporting the team with glassware washing and autoclaving
- Coordinating and collaborating with the rest of the lab operations team on pipette calibrations and maintenance
- Monitoring and assessing usage of laboratory garments and communicating with service providers about adjustments
- Identifying workflow improvements and collaborating with the
- Facilities team and lab users on implementation
- Ensuring common laboratory spaces are kept up to standard
- Maintaining consumable inventories of common spaces
- Supporting with Waste Management in collaboration with the Safety Team
- Coordinating and collaborating with our communications team and lab teams to organize lab tours with external visitors
- Maintaining SOPs; documenting and evaluating best practices
- Coordinating activities with the rest of the lab operations team and other labs
- Maintaining a safe and productive work environment and lab facility, meeting regulatory requirements
- Supporting the team on ad hoc tasks when needed
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Minimum B.Sc. or Diploma in a relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a laboratory setting
- Excellent documentation, communication and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220103 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit abcellera.com.