Technology Licensing Associate, Biologics
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are looking for an experienced Technology Licensing Associate to join our growing Corporate Development team. The successful candidate will support current and emerging R&D activities by reviewing and analyzing intellectual property landscapes, researching licensing terms, and assisting with R&D technology strategy. Our ideal candidate would have a scientific background . As part of a leading and highly innovative company, successful candidates will interface with various teams across the organization including corporate development, R&D, and legal.
How you might spend your days:
- Researching scientific literature and intellectual property using proprietary databases and public information
- Collaborating with research teams to discuss new and existing technologies
- Researching and analyzing licensing terms to advise R&D teams and provide input on license negotiations
- Working with the legal team to research patentability, validity and freedom-to-operate (infringement) searches
- Advising R&D teams on technology development in view of the patent landscape and IP strategy
- Aggregating information in the form of internal reports, PowerPoint presentations, Word and Excel documents to clearly communicate the summary of findings
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A passion for science and new technologies and have a strong scientific background, preferably PhD or higher in biology, biochemistry, immunology and/or are familiar with biologics
- Knowledge of platform technologies related to biologic therapeutics discovery and development
- A sound understanding of the legal landscape around intellectual property
- The ability to navigate patent databases (e.g., CIPO, USPTO, WIPO, and other proprietary databases) and patent analysis software
- Experience interfacing with R&D, licensing and legal teams within a dynamic organization
- The ability to synthesize complex information and communicate effectively, using various tools and by generating the required materials
- A proven ability to work as part of a cross-functional team, act as a self-starter, and are energetic, positive, analytical, and able to drive results,
- An eye for both small details and the bigger picture
- You work well with Microsoft, Google and Adobe office suites
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a difference, working on problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation – revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220095 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit abcellera.com.