Associate Scientist – Analytical Development
Website Precision NanoSystems Inc.
About Precision NanoSystems Inc. (PNI)
Precision NanoSystems Inc. (“PNI”) is a manufacturer of instruments, kits and reagents in the global nanomedicine market providing tools for drug development and cell-specific delivery to study, diagnose and treat disease. PNI’s NanoAssemblr family of instruments allow scientists to rapidly develop novel nanomedicine drug candidates for pre-clinical testing. PNI’s NanoAssemblr Scale-up platform enables the translation of these drug candidates to clinical testing and eventually to commercial use. PNI’s NanoAssemblr™ Transfection Reagents use nanomedicine technology to deliver genetic materials in primary cells vitro and in vivo, enabling disease researchers to easily study gene function in high-value models of disease. PNI sells its products to leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and leading academic institutions in over 20 countries worldwide. Please find more information at http://www.precisionnanosystems.com/.
Precision NanoSystems Inc., is seeking an Associate Scientist to join their Formulation Solutions team. The employee will report to the Manager of Analytical Development to complete a wide range of analytical procedures involved in the production of Lipid NanoParticles (LNP).
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and execute both chemical and biological assays, as necessary, to support the development work of the Formulation Scientists.
- Perform routine bio-analytical techniques, including, but not limited to, UHPLC-CAD, UHPLC-PDA, UHPLC-SEC, LC-MS, Capillary Electrophoresis, Gel Electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, and Western Blotting.
- Aid in the development of in vitro cell assays to test the efficacy of LNP formulations.
- Provide detailed chemical analysis on biological molecules, especially nucleic acids.
- Prepare detailed and accurate analytical reports to share internally or with PNI’s clients.
- Interact positively with external clients to answer questions and provide necessary information.
- Help develop novel analytical methods or method alterations as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate lab records and documentation.
- Provide recommendations to the formulation scientists as warranted by the analytical data.
- Leverage expertise in biomolecule (E.g. Nucleic Acids, proteins, mABs), lipid, and excipient (Buffers, stabilizers, etc.) chemistry to improve nanoparticle formulations.
- Ensure client and company confidentiality is maintained.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD or MSc in biochemistry, chemistry, or other related field with at least 2 years of research experience in a Biotechnology or equivalent industry.
- Proficiency in a diverse range of analytical techniques, including, but not limited to, (U)HPLC, LC-MS, Capillary Electrophoresis, Gel Electrophoresis, and SDS-PAGE.
- Experience with cell culture, transfection, and in vitro cell assays is preferred.
- Strong background in biochemistry and biomolecules is essential.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and assume new responsibilities as required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and independent work ethic.
PNI provides a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Posting valid until filled. No solicitors please.
Precision NanoSystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit pni.bamboohr.com.