Stay up-to-date with all of the life science events taking place in Vancouver with the Science in Vancouver events calendar! From academia to industry and biotech to pharma, our events calendar is your complete source for life science conferences, symposiums, networking, and workshops in Vancouver. We even cover science pub nights and science fundraisers!
If you’re interested in promoting your life science event on the Science in Vancouver events calendar, please use our event submission form.
COVID-19 Update: Expert Q&A with Public Health, Primary Care, Vaccine, Epidemiology, and Lab Specialists
January 25, 2022Free
Join us for this free online accredited educational session where highly experienced and knowledgeable public health leaders and medical experts will answer your questions, share their experiences and recommend best practices in managing the COVID-19 pandemic. The webinar will include a panel of presenters and participants will be prompted to ask their questions in real time using webinar technology. We encourage you to send your questions in early.
- Moderator and presenters visible via webcam
- Presentation slides visible on the webinar
- Audio live through your computer speakers
- Your questions sent via slido
Prior to the webinar you will receive an email from UBC CPD with connection details. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folders. You should add “@ubc.ca” to your safe sender list. If you do not see the connection email, please contact us.
HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS
- The Question & Answer page is OPEN NOW – we encourage you to submit your questions early.
- Go to https://www.sli.do/ and enter the event ID # COVID-Jan25. Or go directly to https://app.sli.do/event/ppbmnpku/
- Type out your question in the ‘type your question’ field and click ‘SEND’. You will see your question posted and you will be able to review questions that others have asked. Your questions can be asked anonymously, just leave your name out when posting your questions. Due to the high volume of questions received during the webinar, please try to avoid asking questions that have already been asked by someone else. To increase the likelihood of a particular question being asked, please up-vote it as described in the next bullet.
- Up-vote: feel free to click the thumbs up icon beside the questions you like as this will move those questions to the top of the queue and will increase the likelihood that they will be asked of the panel.
- Questions will be reviewed by the moderator and relayed to the presenters before the session and during the Q&A period.
- Apply emerging evidence regarding COVID-19 epidemiology, prevention, and investigation in clinical practice, including the use of vaccines.
- Provide practical advice to patients regarding COVID-19 based on the emerging evidence and the experience of BC public health and primary care experts.
Panelist: Dr. Reka Gustafson, Vice President, Public Health and Wellness and Deputy Provincial Health Officer
Panelist: Dr. Mark Lysyshyn, Deputy Chief Medical Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health
Panelist: Dr. Mel Krajden, Medical Director of the Public Health Laboratory, BCCDC
Panelist: Dr. Manish Sadarangani, Director, Vaccine Evaluation Center at BC Children’s Research Institute
Panelist: Dr. Birinder Narang, Family Physician, Clinical Assistant Professor, UBC Department of Family Practice
Moderator: Dr. Simon Moore, Family Physician, UBC CPD Medical Lead