Stay up-to-date with all of the life science events taking place in Vancouver with the Science in Vancouver events calendar! From academia to industry and biotech to pharma, our events calendar is your complete source for life science conferences, symposiums, networking, and workshops in Vancouver. We even cover science pub nights and science fundraisers!
If you’re interested in promoting your life science event on the Science in Vancouver events calendar, please use our event submission form.
Implementing & Maintaining Women’s Employee Resource Groups
March 28, 2023
This workshop will help you develop and maintain successful Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that effectively improve gender equity in the workplace. ERGs are critical in building a sense of community and belonging, identifying areas for improvement, and developing company-specific policies that suit your culture and organizational goals. We leave time for group discussion and Q&A to ensure all your questions are answered. This workshop is led by Sophie Warwick, who has spent her career in structural engineering and specializes in developing in-house gender equity policies and chairing ERGs and advocacy groups. Key takeaways from this workshop include:
– Understanding & communicating the value of advocacy and support groups.
– How to develop an engaging group structure that can be maintained long-term.
– Selecting and coaching the right group champions.
– Appreciating intersectionality and how different groups may work together.
– Setting up an annual calendar and enrolling key senior leaders.