Stay up-to-date with all of the life science events taking place in Vancouver with the Science in Vancouver events calendar! From academia to industry and biotech to pharma, our events calendar is your complete source for life science conferences, symposiums, networking, and workshops in Vancouver. We even cover science pub nights and science fundraisers!
If you’re interested in promoting your life science event on the Science in Vancouver events calendar, please use our event submission form.
- This event has passed.
Nature Club: Feather Facts
March 6 - 7, 2021
Visit the Cowan Tetrapod collection at the Beaty Museum to see birds, as well as reptiles, mammals and amphibians. With over 40,000 specimens representing over 2,500 species, the collection is the second-largest scientific collection of birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians in British Columbia.
As the continued safety and well-being of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our highest priority we are not offering in person tours or activities at this time. The resources below will support your self-led exploration of the collection:
- Learn to identify local Vancouver birds using this guide, and keep track of your observations using this bird log.
- Colour in a Vancouver bird, the black-capped chickadee with this colouring page.
- In this activity, you will explore the form and function of different bird beak shapes using household objects.
- Complete a bird-themed scavenger hunt in the museum.
- We have an online visitor guide and a printable floor plan map to help you find your way around the museum. You could also check out our virtual and audio tours in preparation for your visit.
- Share your images and biodiversity stories with us here, each month we will highlight some of the contributions at our ONLINE Nature Club session.
Would you like to learn more about birds and ask questions of our museum team? Join us online on March 7.